Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Talk about slacking

I've been slacking. My bad.

Been down in the dumps lately. My husband was away for 9 days and came home with an attitude. Now he's back to somewhat normal.

Job still sucks. Job hunting is unearthing nothing. Economy sucks. Gas prices suck. Grocery bills suck. Not to mention credit cards.

Friends are awesome. I'd like to thank those near and dear to my heart for always being there for me. For always offering to help or give me a shoulder to lean on.

I've been reading the Twilight series. It took me two weeks to read Twilight. I don't see what the huge hype over the book is. Yes, it was a good read. Yes, it was a good story. But I was able to put it down and walk away from it. I know some people who read the book in a matter of a day or two. Insane. I wish I had that much free time. I'm about 200 pages into New Moon. So far, so good. Much better writing in New Moon. I found myself trying to correct sentence structure errors and grammar in Twilight. I haven't been doing that with New Moon. Maybe it's because I'm into the story more now. Or maybe it's because Stephenie Meyer had a better editor. Or maybe I'm a Jacob fan and not an Edward fan. But I think it's because I know nothing about New Moon. I knew the major highlights of Twilight - girl moves, girl falls in love with vampire, girl gets in trouble, vampire saves her, yada yada yada... I know nothing about New Moon outside of the 200 pages that I've read. I purchased the final two books at Target on Sunday.

I still need to watch the movie. I'm sure it will disappoint the book. But I'll watch it anyway.

After I finish these books, I'll need to find a new series to read. I've read the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for getting to read at all! Any time I have to relax to read is at night and then I can't stay awake. I've got two books half-finished that I keep trying to get back to and a list 10 times as long that I'd like to read.

    I'm so not interested in anything Twilight. I keep thinking that makes me "old".

    ReplyDelete