Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A million and one times

I know I've said this a million times, so this is one million and one.

I cannot do this god forsaken job any longer. I am too young to wake up every morning and think "Oh my god, I have go to there again?" I am too young to despise every minute I am here. I am too young to dread every minute in the car on the way to work. I am only 23. I think I have to be like 75 or something to qualify for social security. I cannot do this for another 50+ years. I just can't. It's wearing me down. Come to think of it, this place is wearing everyone down.

I've been job hunting for over a year. I've sent my resume out over 100 times and I have not gotten a single response back. Not one. Do you know how depressing that is? I know it's a tough time for job hunters with the economy being in the pits but damn. I'd hope to have atleast one call back even if it didn't amount to anything. I am currently getting help from a mommy-group friend who works in HR. She's helping me to make my resume better. I'm looking into furthering my education so I will look appealing. I've got an associates degree but it does nothing for me.

I need to decide what I want to be when I grow up. I certainly don't want to be unhappy for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment