Thursday, February 12, 2009

Some history

I was born on December 29th, 1985 in Maryland. I've lived in Maryland all of my life in a total of 6 different towns. Currently, I reside in Southern Maryland. It's a place where it's not abnormal to see a tractor driving on the main highway in the county. It's a small area where everyone knows everyone or they are separated by no more than three degrees. It's not uncommon to run into someone you know at the store. Gossip runs large but the love is larger. Overall, it's a nice place to live. Better than the ghetto area I grew up in. And right now I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I'm a mother to a little girl. She arrived in my life in Tuesday, November 27th, 2007. I could never imagine loving someone so much. She is my everything. If anything were to happen to her, I would be beyond devastated. I can thank my husband for her. She was not a planned pregnancy in the least. I was not happy when I found out I was pregnant. But I believe it was the initial shock and the fact that I never wanted children. Over a few weeks I accepted my fate and I'm so glad I did. She is my life. I dread going to work in the morning because I have to leave her behind. I am lucky enough that she stays with her grandmother during the day. I know she is well taken care of while I make my living. I cannot even imagine life without her. And I can barely remember what I did with my free time before having her.

My husband and I were married on Saturday, January 7th, 2006. We started dating in September 2001. I love him to pieces even though he drives me insane sometimes. We've often been told that we are a good match. He's a very handsome guy. He's been hit on several times by very brave girls while in my presence. The saying "opposites attract" is quite true in our case. He's very relaxed, funny, and outgoing. While I'm more uptight, rigid, and a homebody. He's got common sense and I don't. He's good at math and I'm not. I'm good with reading and writing and he's horrible with those things. I couldn't ask for a better daddy for my daughter.

I'm lucky that my parents are still married. They've been married since the beginning of time... or so it seems. I believe they have been married for 26 or 27 years and together for much longer. They never fight or argue. Ever. Seriously. I never recall them yelling at each other or being mad at each other. They are so mellow. I'm the oldest daughter of two. My sister is 3 years my junior. And we are opposites, too. She is so smart. She's got ambition and drive. She wants to be in the medical field and is currently attending college. We have recently become closer as sisters and I think it's because of my daughter. It's nice to finally be nice to each other instead of fighting and screaming. I guess we are adults, now. She's got a boyfriend and never wants to get married. Good for her because I don't particularly care for her boyfriend. He's an alright guy but some things that happened in the past between them makes me really upset. I know that she is so much better than him.

I work a job that I hate. It is a career and an income but I hate it. It's not that I hate what I do. I hate where I work. It feels like prison. I feel like if I sneeze wrong that I'm going to get in trouble. The company owner is a tight-wad and doesn't believe in having enough staff to function properly. We are forever buried in things to do and hardly get a chance to breathe. Welcome to the life of an insurance agent. I wish I was like my husband who truly loves and enjoys his job. He's an elevator constructor. I spend much of my day pretending to work. In reality, I browse the internet a lot and post on various forums. When my desk gets really backed up, I work full steam ahead until things are accomplished. After I write this entry, I fully intend on doing some work. For real. I would be fired in an instant if they knew what I really do all day.

All in all, my life is a good life. I live comfortably, don't worry about being able to put a roof over my head or food in my stomach. I try to enjoy everything I can and make the best of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment