Monday, February 23, 2009

So I sit here

So I'm sitting here thinking about the 10,000 things I want to write about and I have totally drawn a blank. I keep thinking about the fantastic weekend I had and how I so did not want to come to work this morning. A three day weekend would have been fantastic. A permanent vacation would be better. Then I think about how my belly is so full from lunch. And in between I'm thinking of my daughter and what I would give to spend some more quality time with her.

And I find myself wondering what quality time really is to her. I know she loves me because she cries every time I leave without her. And I try so hard to stop what I'm working on when I'm home if she wants something. Each time she brings me a book, I'm inclined to sit on the floor and look at it with her. She never lets me finish reading the page so I just point to the pictures and tell them what they are and make any animals noises (if related to the book). I help her put her baby in the stroller so she can push her around. I push her around on her ride-on-toy. I will stop cooking dinner and sit on the kitchen floor with her if she keeps holding on to my leg. I keep wondering if I should be doing something different with her or what I "need" to teach her. She is so smart to me. She's got a fantastic vocabulary for an almost-15 month old, she knows what a bunch of animals "say", and she listens pretty well to certain directions. Heck, throw in a few sign language signs too. I just keep reminding myself that I'm doing things the best way I can and the best way I know how and that I cannot be with her every minute of every day.

She truly is my pride and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment