Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dear Autumn

Dear Autumn:

I see that you are sneaking your way back into my life again. Your subtle hints are showing up every where. And I am loving your presence.

The air is so crisp and fresh in the morning. There are a few colored leaves at my doorstep. My mint plant is slowly dying off and I'm sure parsley will follow right behind it. I see the pumpkins, gourds, and dried corn in the grocery store. I see the local farmers selling tickets to their corn mazes and setting out their pumpkins for sale.

I love that you bring me Pumpkin Spice latte's and pecan pie. I hate that I am on a super strict diet and won't get to enjoy them as much.

I am so ready to see all of the leaves change colors and smell the crispness of the air. I love opening the windows when we are home. And I LOVE getting my electric bill and seeing the lower amount due.

Please stick around for a while. And tell your friends Winter and Snow they are not welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment